Children and adolescents with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) often struggle to understand and express emotions, resulting in high levels of anxiety, stress, anger and/or depression.
Conventional strategies that encourage emotion management for typical children do not seem to be as effective with those who have an ASD. The child’s quality of life, self-esteem and well-being will be influenced by their ability to manage emotions and difficulties with emotion management can lead to being suspended and having a notoriety that will affect the attitude of teachers and peers as well as the attitude of the child to themselves.
Through several decades of working with children and adolescents with ASD and their families and schools, Michelle and Tony have discovered, developed and evaluated emotion management strategies based on Mindfulness and Cognitive Behaviour Therapy that have proven to be effective in assisting children with ASD to learn about, and manage, their emotions from anxiety to love.
Who will benefit?
- Teachers, teacher aides, SEDU staff, school administration staff
- Mental health professionals, including psychologists, occupational therapists, speech pathologists, social workers, counsellors, GPs, paediatricians and psychiatrists
- Parents, carers and family members who support a child or adolescent with ASD
You will also receive:
- Access to the presentation for 60 days following the live event
- A Live Chat Room for Q&A with Tony & Michelle throughout the day
- Downloadable Handouts to complement the course
- Certificate of Attendance
The link to the Event will be sent via email, please check your Promotions inbox if you have not received the link on the Monday before the Event. Alternatively, make email@example.com a Contact in your email contact list to ensure that you do not miss anything from us.