About this Event
No matter your age, chess is a great way to exercise your brain.
While simple to learn, it can take a lifetime to master!
After much interest within the community, Bunbury Library would like to welcome Ben and the recently formed ‘Bunbury Chess Club’. The club will meet at Bunbury Library on the third Saturday of each month and is open to all ages, abilities and skill sets.
The club welcomes beginners, intermediate as well as skilled players. Children with a genuine interest in learning the game of chess are welcome to join with a ?participating parent or guardian. Join in on the fun with Bunbury Chess Club and learn the basics, improve your strategy and challenge other players in a friendly game.
* Bookings are not essential however are preferred for the first meeting in January.
Ben is a local chess enthusiast who is passionate about teaching and de-mystifying chess. He has played most of his life and decided to take it to the next level in 2017. Ben has been a member of chess clubs in Melbourne and Perth and won his first tournament earlier this year.
* Bookings are preferred for the first meeting in January to ensure adequate game boards and refreshments are provided during the school holiday period.
* Initially the club will meet at the Bunbury Library the third Saturday of each month from 10am – 12.30pm. Ben will take expressions of interest and preferred meeting times at the clubs first meeting in January.
* No experience necessary, beginners are welcome.
* Children with an interest in learning chess must be accompanied by a participating parent or guardian.
* Refreshments will be provided.