About this event
Tuning into Teens
Join Headspace in this FREE six session parenting program for parents of tweens and teens to help them develop emotional intelligence.
Adolescence is a stage of life where the young person is trying out new ways of feeling, thinking and behaving. This critical stage can be confusing and challenging for some young people. It can also be challenging for the adults who support them.
This is where Headspace Bunbury can help!
This program is designed to provide parents with the following tools;
- Communicate more effectively with your teen,
- Understand your teen better,
- Help your teen to manage difficult emotions,
- Prevent behavioural issues in your teen,
- Teach your teen how to deal with conflict more effectively, and
- How to help your teen develop coping skills and resilience.
Research has shown the adolescents with higher emotional intelligence;
- Are more aware, assertive and strong in situations of peer pressure,
- Have more success with making friends,
- Are more able to manage conflict with peers,
- Able to cope when upset or angry,
- Have fewer mental health and substance abuse difficulties, and
- Hold more stable and satisfying relationships with adults.
Come along and discover how to turn your household into a happy one whilst providing your child/ren with the skills required to thrive in adolescence.
* Spaces are limited and bookings are essential.
* This program is presented (free) by Headspace Bunbury.
* This program requires a six (6) week commitment for attending parents/guardians.
* Each session will be held at the Bunbury Library, 10am – 12.30pm each Friday commencing on Friday 6 August 2021.
* Light refreshments will be provided.
* Contact Headspace Bunbury on 6164 0680 for additional information about this program.
* This program is suitable for parents, careers and guardians with children aged 10-16 years.