SWAN provide advocacy to improve or change State and Federal Government systems and processes in order to improve access, inclusion and supports for people with disability. We meet with decision makers, collaborate with other Disabled Persons and Families Organisations (DPFOs), provide testimony at Government Inquiries, and write submissions to Governments and Agencies.
Read the public submissions SWAN has made:
- SWAN Submission to the Independent NDIS Review August 2023
- SWAN Submission to the WA Parliament Inquiry into Support For Autistic Students in WA Schools August 2023
- SWAN Submission to Joint Standing Committee on NDIS Inquiry into Culture & Capacity of NDIS November 2022
- SWAN Submission to WA Parliament Inquiry into Child Development Services (Public Extract) October 2022
- SWAN Submission to the Joint Standing Committee on NDIS Inquiry into Independent Assessments April 2021
- SWAN Submission to NDIA on Autism Consultation Paper May 2021
Read articles and opinion pieces by SWAN:
Read the Hansard Record of Evidence given to Parliamentary Inquiries:
- Legislative Assembly Health & Education Committee Inquiry into Support for Autistic Students in WA Schools 13th September 2023.
- Community Affairs Committee Inquiry into the Extent and Nature of Poverty in Australia Hearing 4th April 2023
- Joint Standing Committee on NDIS Inquiry into Capacity and Culture of NDIA Hearing 14th November 2022
- Joint Standing Committee on NDIS Inquiry into Independent Assessments Hearing 27th April 2021
Is there a systemic issue you believe requires advocacy from SWAN? Please contact us on email@example.com or phone 0499 819 038.