SWAN receive Information, Linkages and Capacity building (ILC) funding from the federal government. We are a Disabled Persons and Families Organisation (DPFO), providing peer support to autistic people and their families throughout the south west of Western Australia and beyond. We also provide support to people with any disability type.
We can assist people with:
- Seeking autism diagnosis
- What to do after diagnosis
- Information on what disability and mainstream supports are available to meet your needs, and support to access them
- Accessing the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
- Preparing for your / your child’s NDIS Plan
- Understanding the NDIS, and how to use your / your child’s NDIS Plan
- Seeking a Review or preparing for your NDIS Review
SWAN are not funded for advocacy, however we are able to provide advocacy support in some circumstances thanks to the generosity of our benefactors, Greg and Kathy Walsh.
We also provide two peer support groups on Facebook, and a public page where we share information daily:
- SWAN public Facebook page
- SWAN Peer Support Group for autistic people and family members
- Disability Peer Support WA for people with disability and family members
Carer’s Morning Tea
SWAN run a Carer’s Morning Tea every second Wednesday at The People Place, Busselton. This is a great opportunity to ask our staff any questions you may have about autism or the NDIS, as well as to meet other local families and carers of children on the autism spectrum. Kids are welcome to play and create, however, carers/parents are responsible for supervising their children.
Location: The People Place, Busselton.
Next scheduled session: Wednesday 21st July, 10am – 12pm. CANCELLED
Please contact us by emailing email@example.com or phone / SMS 0499 819 038. Please note that we are unable to answer the phone when we are meeting with clients, so please send an SMS or leave a voicemail if you are unable to get through.